It is my great pleasure to receive a Sunshine Blogger Award nomination from Olga at Middle-earth Reflections. Please check out her writing as it is written with much passion and insight. Thank you Olga! The nomination is very much appreciated. You’d be in my list if you haven’t already been nominated.
I would also like to express my deep gratitude to all of you who deemed it worthy to follow my blog and read my posts.
– Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
– Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
– Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
– List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
1. What is your favourite book ever?
I don’t just have one. I love so many books that it’s difficult for me to choose. The Lord of the Rings, Archangel’s Legion (Book 6 of the Guild Hunter series), and The Shack are just some of my favorites.
2. How did you get into reading?
I’ve always been fascinated with the written word since I was young and I’m pretty thankful to my mom for encouraging it by buying me books.
3. What was the first book you read?
Hmmm… I can’t quite remember but I think it’s either a Filipino or English literature text book back when I was in elementary school. That was the first time I’ve fallen in love with reading stories.
4. What is your favourite quote?
Too many. But here’s five….
“It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery
“For what does it profit a man to gain the whole world and forfeit his soul?” – Mark 8:36
“All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost.” – J. R. R. Tolkien
“Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” – Maya Angelou
“Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.” – Ambrose Redmoon
5. What is your favourite atmosphere for reading?
I like a quiet one, just in my bed and sometimes with music. I can actually read anywhere just as long as there’s not too much noise and no one is interrupting me with small talk.
6. How do you prefer discovering new books to read?
I love reading the teaser at the back cover because I have great instincts about books and I can just tell (most of the time!) if it’s going to be great. Sometimes I browse at Goodreads but recently I’ve been discovering books through reading blogs.
7. Do you prefer physical books or ebooks?
I love owning physical books because there is absolutely nothing that compares to the sound of turning pages, the smell and texture of a real book. That being said, not all books are available at bookstores or at a library so I’m thankful for ebooks. Also, its portability is a great plus.
8. What inspired you to start your blog?
I don’t know anyone who reads as much as I do so I started a blog to express through writing my thoughts on books I’ve read and loved. It’s nice to have written conversations with like-minded people.
9. What’s the story behind your blog’s name?
Every other name I’ve considered for this blog have already been taken so I thought, why not tome as it means a huge book? And treats because for me a good book is one of life’s sweetest treasures!
10. What are the things that inspire you?
A great book obviously :-), beautiful music, artistic photography, amazing design and architecture. The beauty of humanity and the world we live in. Courage and kindness.
11. When you write something, do you prefer to do it by hand or type straight away into your blog?
Write straight into my blog. I don’t know, I guess ideas just flow more naturally to me when I’m typing.
Here are the blogs I’d like to nominate:
J Glover Art
If Mermaid Wore Suspenders
Liz Hemmings Photography
Funk’s House of Geekery
The Huffman Post
Here are 11 questions for you:
1. How did you get into reading?
2. What is your favorite book or series of all time?
3. What is your favorite book-to-film adaptation?
4. If you can have a supernatural power, what would it be?
5. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?
6. Which underhyped book or series do you think deserves more attention?
7. Favorite song at the moment and why you like it?
8. If you could be any character from a book, who would you be and why?
9. What beautiful country are you from and what amazing places you could recommend that are not widely known?
10. What is your favorite fairy tale?
11. Out of all of your posts, which one is your favorite?